Thursday, February 15, 2018

Calling All Artists, 2018




Thought I'd lead with spring because I sure could use some. The shank of winter runs long on the prairie and it seems every day brings more dire news.

At least we know there's a cherry red Tesla ridden by a mannequin wearing a spaceman's outfit hurtling through space in our collective name while listening to David Bowie. And if you don't believe me...




So we can do that, but not keep our children safe in schools we send them to. Go figure.

I've written a great deal about my artistic residency in the Porcupine Mountains, courtesy of the Friends of the Porkies. Time's come to do that again, as your application for the Artists in Residence Program is due no later than March 30th, 2018.



I thought this year I'd show more than tell. Suits my mood. Maybe it will yours, too.

These images were all captured within the boundaries of the Park. The image immediately below was taken just a short walk from Dan's Cabin. To and fro, you'll pass it every day.

Tell me you don't want to be right there right then, right now…



The world needs creatives. We're obligated to help them thrive. The Friends of the Porkies' artist in residence program does exactly that. It's hosted a dizzying variety of artists across a wide array of creative disciplines.



I've included images here from three seasons in the Porkies. I've had enough of winter. Maybe you have too.

Take this little tour of the Porkies. Then take the chance and submit your best work to the Friends.






Go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment