Monday, October 22, 2018

Superior Autumn, in the Abstract


Tell me this isn't a love story:



The patterns of nature fascinate me. They exist beyond conventional understanding. Partly, that's what drives me to wilderness. Often, there is but to look, then marvel. Through the years, I'd always spare a few frames to reflect that.




In the soft light of autumn, the Superior Basin's core character is revealed.




Or rendered obscure.




Occasionally, golden light bathes the place and in a quiet forest, history speaks.




In long low light, the world can be grotesque and wondrous at the same time.




You might discover a mountain range.




Or maybe, galaxies of stars.




Wilderness shed of its fine summer dress and not yet veiled by snow reminds us that the living universe of coherent, productive chaos doesn't care what we make of it.



And that often, what's seen at first glance only deceives.









6 comments:

  1. Lovely! (And the first one is Astaire and Rogers without a doubt!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lydia. It strikes me as the cover art of a passionate romance novel, for trees. Weird & wondrous world, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eye always find the places and things that leave me enchanted! That, my friend, is pure pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The natural world is an endless bounty. I could do this sort of thing for two lifetimes and still have more work to do.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank-you, dear Avital. The exuberance so evident in nature is a large part of what keeps me going back to it.

      Delete