Monday, November 30, 2015

Blue Eel, by Lorne Dixon

Or, How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Most of you've no reason to know it, but in addition to what's self-evident around here and among a few other things besides, I'm also an editor of fiction. Editing's both fun and rewarding. They're similarities between working large format film and literary editing in that both disciplines require a deep dive into the complexities of craft as applied to cogent purpose. I especially like creative process, that's where ideas are made into art. So being an editor is a cool gig.

This summer I'd the pleasure to serve as editor for the novel 'Blue Eel' by Lorne Dixon, released today by Cutting Block Books. I've resisted cross-pollinating this place with off point work but since we're marking time while I devise the best way forward for this ongoing project, I thought to take the opportunity to shake some distinctly different trees...


No matter that The Democratization of All Media opened the gates of entry to all comers, publishing still exists as a collaborative creative effort and a lot of good folk labored mightily to bring Lorne Dixon's 'Blue Eel' to market as a first class piece of work.

'Blue Eel' is a provocative novel, appropriate to our anxious and uncertain times. Only you know if you're inclined toward that sort of thing but if you are then by all means buy this book because occasionally fiction is even stranger than the truths it serves to illuminate and this is one of those books.

No comments:

Post a Comment